It starts here.
At the University of Ottawa, languages, cultures and a host of national and international perspectives come together to create a truly unique educational experience in the heart of Canada’s capital.
Close to Canada’s seat of power and to important national institutions, the University of Ottawa attracts the best and brightest from across Canada and around the world. North America’s largest bilingual university promotes academic excellence in both official languages, while strong research partnerships make it a centre of innovation and an engine of economic growth. Research, innovation, prosperity: It starts here.
At a glance
- North America’s premier bilingual university
- Ranks fifth in research intensity among Canada’s top 50 universities
- Is located in Ottawa, Canada’s capital, within 2,000 metres of Parliament Hill
- Hosts students and faculty from more than 150 countries
- Runs more than 360 undergraduate and 110 graduate programs across 10 faculties